About the teargas, I don’t know if anyone already said it, but in Brazil we were putting vinegar on tissues and breathing on it (ppl started getting stopped/arrested for carrying vinegar), it kinda cuts the effect of the teargas, how it burns the throat and doesn’t allow you to breath. ive seen ppl saying about the don’t rub your eyes part, that’s really important too.
i used to put it in a tissue on my wrist so they wouldn’t stop me for being with my face covered, cause they do it here, i don’t know if they’re doing in ferguson
This helps a lot. Also, when the teargas would hit us in Pakistan, we’d avoid vaseline, mineral oil, oil-based sunscreen or moisturizers on our skin because it only worsened the burning/irritation. Don’t use those. Do not swallow the phlegm/mucus, if you feel any. Blow it out/cough it out. Don’t let it stay in. Do not rub your skin.
I’m also seeing people out in beaters/less-covering and I completely understand that August is not a month where we’d like to cover ourselves with clothes but in this situation under armed warfare, please wear jackets when you’re out. The chemical doesn’t cling on your skin then and will stick to the fabric. Focus on breathing, like everyone says, stay calm. Inhale, exhale.
Smear lime juice on the scarf covering your nose and mouth. You’ll breathe better when hit. Or smash charcoal and dip your bandana/scarf in water and rub the charcoal over it. Cover your mouth/nose with this. Do not wash your face with water. It increases the effect of the tear gas.
Okay there’s a lot of different posts with multiple links each on how to help and some of them overlap so I’m just gonna compile all the relevant links I can think of here:
- Share this post on how to make a tear gas mask
- Share this post on your rights and how to react/respond when you are approached by legal authorities
- Donate to/share the legal fund for arrested Ferguson protesters
- Attend one of/share info for the National Moment of Silence for Victims of Police Brutality vigils
- Donate to/share #FeedFerguson, which will help feed families and children who get most of their food from school (which has been closed until further notice)
- Donate to/share the Michael Brown Memorial Fund
- Watch/Share videos of the events in Ferguson
- Read/Share these related and/or directly relevant articles
- Read/Share this post listing details of the five most widely observed instances of racist police violence in the past three weeks
- Sign this petition to prompt President Obama to enact new federal laws to protect citizens from police violence/misconduct
Contact the Ferguson Police Department and seek information on those being detained, the protests, legal procedures, etc.
Ferguson Police Department
Email (taken off the site)
222 S. Florissant Road Ferguson, MO 63135
Ph: 314-522-3100 Fx: 314-524-5290
- DO NOT reblog photos of Mike Brown’s body lying on the street. His family has requested that these photos not be spread around. Please respect their wishes.
Very importantly, stay alert. Read everything you can on the subject. The reports on The New York Times, Al Jazeera, and other news outlets are very limited, especially because the police in Ferguson are going to great lengths to keep reporters out. Seek out what you can online and from first hand sources, if you know anyone in the area. Listen to the stories of those who have been affected by this tragedy and other similar ones. Educate yourself as much as you possibly can so you can help make sure the right people are heard.
I originally said “Ferguson PD” - that’s wrong. It’s all of St. Louis County.
State and Federal law enforcement are taking over.
That’s all the tweet from the Governor’s office said.
I suggest you watch the news carefully in the next few hours.
This is the young man that was walking with Mike Brown
Washington Ave. Darlin’ Syd rocking a Washington Ave. Style
Submitted by : washingtonavestyles.tumblr.com
can tumblr user kitpocket be COOL for ONCE?!?!?!?! they cramp my style on the daily
excuse ME you interrupt me doing IMPORTANT ADULT THINGS and then say Im cramping your style
if I didnt have to finish this quiz thingy I would say something very mature and cool and generally embarrass you
i made yet another 8tracks mix its a collection of scores and songs from dreamworks films and it’s over an hour long
spoiler warning: the 21st song "For The Dancing And Dreaming" is a how to train your dragon 2 spoiler! if you havent seen it go ahead and skip that one! :)